Patent Search Tutorials
Still need some additional help?
Tutorials that guide you through the patent search process provide one of the easiest ways to understand how to quickly and effectively search for patents.
Here are some of the best and most authoritative patent search tutorials from university libraries and from the USPTO:
Patent Searching Onine Tutorials
- Patent Searching Tutorial and Guide to Online Resources and Information (McKinney Engineering Library, Univ. of Texas at Austin Libraries)
- Patent Search Tutorial. (Physical and Mathematical Sciences Library, Penn State University Libraries)
- Patent Search Tutorial. (Stanford Biodesign, Stanford University)
- Patent Tutorials . ( University of Central Florida Libraries
- Patent Searching (University of Minnesota Libraries)
- How to Conduct a Preliminary U.S. Patent Search: A Step-by-Step Strategy (United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) )
Patent Searching Video Tutorials
How to Patent Search, Part 1
How to Patent Search, Part 2
How to Search Patents by Classification, Part 3
Also try out this great book!: