Patent and Trademark Resource Center Libraries (PTRCs) in Michigan
- The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has specially designated over 80 libraries throughout the U.S. as Patent and Trademark Resource Center Libraries (PTRC).
- PTRC Libraries are open to the public and provide specialized services
for people seeking patent and trademark information. If you have a PTRC
Library close to you, a visit to it may save you hours of searching.
- PTRC Libraries receive and make available to users:
-Utility, Design, Plant and Reissue Patents
- Reexamination Certificates
- Statutory Invention Registrations (SIRs)
-Post-issue patent status information
-The Official Gazette of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (both patent and trademark sections)
-All PTO search tools, indices and directories
- PTRC Libraries are required to have at least 20 years of U.S. Patents available for the public; many PTRC Libraries have much more extensive collections of patents. They also can provide assistance in accessing and using web based products available from the USPTO.
Michigan Patent and Trademark Resource Centers
- Ann Arbor: Art,
Architecture &Engineering Library, University of Michigan,
2281 Bonisteel Boulevard, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2094.
Web Site Patent Information: Patents, Trademarks, & Copyright Information
- Big Rapids: Ferris
Library for Information, Technology and Education (FLITE),
Ferris State University, 1010 Campus Drive, Big Rapids, MI 49307-2279
Web Site Patent Information: Patents and Trademarks
- Detroit: Patent and Trademark Resource Center, Detroit
Public Library, 5201 Woodward Ave., Detroit, MI 48202
Back to main PTDL Directory of Libraries page