Patent and Trademark Resource Center Libraries (PTRCs) in Connecticut
- The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has specially designated over 80 libraries throughout the U.S. as Patent and Trademark Resource Center Libraries (PTRC).
- PTRC Libraries are open to the public and provide specialized services
for people seeking patent and trademark information. If you have a PTRC
Library close to you, a visit to it may save you hours of searching.
- PTRC Libraries receive and make available to users:
-Utility, Design, Plant and Reissue Patents
- Reexamination Certificates
- Statutory Invention Registrations (SIRs)
-Post-issue patent status information
-The Official Gazette of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (both patent and trademark sections)
-All PTO search tools, indices and directories
- PTRC Libraries are required to have at least 20 years of U.S. Patents available for the public; many PTRC Libraries have much more extensive collections of patents. They also can provide assistance in accessing and using web based products available from the USPTO.
Connecticut Patent and Trademark Resource Centers
- Fairfield: Sacred Heart University
Library, 5151 Park Ave. Main St5151 Park Ave.
Fairfield, CT 06825 Phone: 203-371-7726
Web Site Patent Information: Patents and Trademarks
Back to main PTRC Directory of Libraries page