How to File a Plant Patent Application
- "Plant patents may be granted to anyone who invents or discovers
and asexually reproduces any distinct and new variety of plant."
- Plant patents are issued for 20 years.
- Because of the legal complexity involved, most people will want to
consult with a patent
attorney or patent
agent before filing a patent application.
- The USPTO provides a comprehensive
guide to filing a plant patent application.
- Plant patent applications may be filed using the USPTO Electronic
Filing System (EFS).
- See the USPTO Fee Schedule for information on USPTO fees for filing applications.
Plant Patent Example
Also, take a look at recent plant patent photos: Plant Patent Images
Helpful Books for Filing a Plant Patent Application