How to File a Design Patent Application
- "Design patents may be granted to anyone who invents a new, original, and ornamental design for an article of manufacture"
- Design patents are issued for 14 years.
- Because of the legal complexity involved, most people will want to consult with a patent attorney or patent agent before filing a patent application.
- The USPTO provides a comprehensive guide to filing a design patent application.
- Utility patent applications may be filed using the USPTO Electronic Filing System (EFS).
- See the USPTO Fee Schedule for information on USPTO fees for filing applications.
Design Patent Books
Design Patent Handbook (paperback)
How to Make Patent Drawings: A Patent It Yourself Companion How to Make Patent Drawings: A 'Patent It Yourself' Companion Kindle Edition
Patent Pending in 24 Hours Patent Pending in 24 Hours Kindle Edition
How to Make Your Own Patent Drawings and Save Thousands: Everything You Need to Know Explained Simply (Back-To-Basics) How to Make Your Own Patent Drawing and Save Thousands: Everything You Need to Know Explained Simply Kindle Edition